Are you a SINGER? Are you a MUSICIAN?
Here are a few very practical rehearsal tips from renowned Los Angeles voice coach,
1) Practice your song, singing/playing it as quickly as possible.
2) Practice it as slowly as possible.
3) For singers, sing the melody without the lyrics (la-la-la).
4) Recite only the lyrics aloud.
5) Talk the song out loud to someone you know, putting meaning into every line. Does the song make sense?
6) Practice singing the intervals (the big leaps up or down) in the melody, so you’re sure to ‘nail’ them.
And so important …
7) Warm up your voice before you step on stage! (You’d be surprised how many singers don’t take the time to do this.)
Take a DEEP breath … and enjoy!